Extraordinary Raid Week Event Details
Shiny Bronzor is the crown jewel of this event. While not the most useful Pokémon you will ever obtain, it has its niche in certain situations, and another shiny being available to obtain is never a bad thing! 2x Raid Stardust combined with a Star Piece is also a very nice Bonus, especially for those of us who are dust poor and have Raid Passes to burn.
Extraordinary Raid Week Raid Boss List
The following raid bosses will be available during the Extraordinary Raid week event in Pokémon GO:
The Tier 4 raid bracket is absolutely insane during the Extraordinary raid week. Metagross, Dragonite and Tyranitar are some of the strongest Pokémon in the game, which means this week is an ideal opportunity to fill the gaps in your team and to catch some perfect IV bosses. Absol and Alolan Marowak are also still there for Shiny Hunters.
- Floatzel is a new entry into the Tier 3 Raid Boss Pool, but alas, its usefulness is quite limited, and the only real reason to do this Raid is to get it in your Dex if you have not already. Alolan Raichu, Scyther, and Aerodactyl are the Shiny Hunter Raids of choice among the Tier 3 Bosses.
- The Tier 2 Raid Bosses provide chances to Shiny hunt Misdreavus, Mawile, Feebas, and Clamperl. Kirlia could be a worthwhile raid should you need a decent Gardevoir or Gallade. Bibarel, while a new Raid Boss, is skippable unless you require it for your Dex.
- As far as the Tier 1 Bosses go, Machop, Shinx, and Bronzor provide you with chances at getting a Shiny, while Slakoth will likely be a hard NO for most trainers.
Raid Hour Event Details
The “Dinner Raid Hour” micro event is also making a return, this time featuring all level raids during Extraordinary Raid week. We’ve never had a similar event, but we’re guessing that all Gyms in your area will hatch a random raid egg at the same time.
|Date + Time||Wednesday, May 22, 2019, 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. (local time)|
|Raids||Tier 1: Machop, Slakoth, Shinx, and Bronzor|
|Tier 2: Misdreavus, Kirlia, Mawile, Feebas, Clamperl, and Bibarel|
|Tier 3: Alolan Raichu, Chansey, Scyther, Aerodactyl, and Floatzel|
|Tier 4: Alolan Marowak, Dragonite, Tyranitar, Absol, and Metagross|
|Tier 5: Uxie, Mesprite, and Azelf (in their respective regions)|
Lapras Raid Day Event Details
|Event||Lapras Raid Day|
|Date + Time||The Americas, Greenland, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and India:
Saturday, May 25, 2019, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. (local time)
|Asia-Pacific: Sunday, May 26, 2019, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. (local time)|
The beautiful Ice Water type, Lapras, will get its very own Raid Day! As you may or may not know, Shiny Lapras was made available in the wild, exclusively, at Safari Zone Sentosa and the surrounding area, then to the rest of the world shortly after through Research Tasks and wild encounters.
Now will be everyone’s chance to challenge this beast in raids, and possibly encounter it’s shiny version!
Niantic has also informed us of some exciting news regarding the moves that Lapras will have during this 3-hour event. Ice Shard/Ice Beam! Both are legacy moves and will only be obtainable during Lapras Day.
The event will take place in The Americas, Greenland, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and India on Saturday, May 25, 2019, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. (local time) and in Asia-Pacific on Sunday, May 26, 2019, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. (local time) and will feature Lapras in Raid Battles, give all trainers up to five Raid passes at no cost, and will allow for the shiny form of Lapras to be potentially found and caught.
We strongly suggest you read our Lapras Raid Counters Guide.
If you are still wondering what a shiny Lapras looks like, it’s a beautiful, cooler, lavender/purple, which will be easy to spot:
Lapras Day Guide
- Lapras will be everywhere. Plan your route and raiding group in advance.
- All gyms that are not reserved for EX Raids in the following week will have a Lapras Raid.
- You can only hold one free pass at a time.
- Always drop your Lucky Eggs! XP will be plentiful, especially with 2x Raid XP!
- Run a Star Piece as 2x Raid Stardust will be in effect!
- Shiny Rates are not increased (roughly 1/19 on average.)
- Pinap your shiny as they are guaranteed catches!
- WAFU Raiding will help you maximize your XP gain during the event.
- Have fun!
Tips and Tricks
- This event is all about raiding, hopefully, you have been stockpiling raid passes and not deleting them with the new feature, you can use them up in record time!
- Always run a Star Piece and Lucky Egg while raiding during this event, which will feature 2x Raid Stardust and 2x Raid XP
- Shiny Hunt! Alolan Marowak, Absol, Alolan Raichu, Scyther, Aerodactyl, Misdreavus, Mawile, Feebas, Clamperl, Machop, Shinx, Bronzor, and Lapras will all have the chance to be Shiny.
- Spin PokéStops and Gyms, Revives and Potions, especially if you plan on short-manning/(wo)manning raids, they will be needed to keep your teams ready for battle.