|Name||Hoenn Celebration event|
The Hoenn takeover event is a surprising announcement that follows Heatran’s departure from Raid Battles, but also the closure of Pokemon GO’s Adventure Sync Hatchaton mini event. The event also overlaps with the Feebas Research Day event, which is quite interesting and could lead to a crazy day of raiding and catching!
Grass Knot is a really Grass type move that will be Breloom’s best charge move in scenarios where you want to use Breloom as a mixed attacker, and will also make Breloom one of the highest DPS Grass type in Pokemon GO, second only to Roserade with Poison Jab and Solar Beam.
Despite it’s low TDO, Breloom can dish out a ton of damage with Grass Knot, but it will be a challenge to find a match up where Counter as a fast move and Grass Knot as a Charge move work well together.
In order to prepare for the event, the GO Hub team has updated the following raid guides:
We don’t think we have to emphasize how good Kyogre and Groudon are to anyone, so do not miss out on this chance to raid the hell out of them! We also want to share this preview of the new shiny Pokemon coming during the Pokemon GO Hoenn event:
Official info summary
Event Date + Time
Jan. 15, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8) to Jan. 29, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8)
- Pokémon originally discovered in the Hoenn region will appear more frequently in the wild.
- Field Research will highlight Pokémon originally discovered in the Hoenn region.
- Raid Battles will include Pokémon originally discovered in the Hoenn region, such as the Legendary Pokémon Kyogre and Groudon.
- Pokémon originally discovered in the Hoenn region will have an increased chance of hatching from 7 km Eggs.
- If you evolve Shroomish into Breloom, it will know the exclusive move Grass Knot!
- You’ll have a chance of encountering Shiny Zigzagoon and Shiny Taillow!
- New avatar items inspired by Team Magma and Team Aqua—the original villains of the Hoenn region in Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire—will be available in the Style Shop.