Quadruple Stardust, increased hatch and catch bonuses and Star Piece make this a particularly good time to farm Stardust, and we wanted to help out our fellow Trainers. With that in mind, we created this Stardust farming guide that helps you maximize the Stardust gains over this week.
Stardust bonuses during Stardust Blast and Cyndaquil Community day events
Stardust Blast event catch and hatch bonuses
Stardust blast event features double Stardust from catching Pokemon and hatching eggs. All other methods that give Stardust are not doubled, so forget about chain raiding or stacking Field Research. These will be naturally boosted if you activate a Star Piece, but other than that, everything works as it would usually work.
In the tables below, the ⭐ emoji denotes Stardust amount if you have an active Star Piece and the Baseline column shows “normal” Stardust amounts when no bonuses are active.
|Evolution stage||Baseline||Stardust Blast||SB + Weather|
|Base||100 (150 ⭐)||200 (300 ⭐)||250 (375 ⭐)|
|Evolved||300 (450 ⭐)||600 (900 ⭐)||750 (1125 ⭐)|
|Final evolved||500 (750 ⭐)||1000 (1500 ⭐)||1250 (1875 ⭐)|
And now for the Egg hatches during the Stardust Blast event (do note that this table has a dedicated Star Piece⭐ column only for hatches during the event, as it was simply easier to outline everything in this way):
|Egg type||Baseline||Stardust Blast||SB + ⭐|
|2 km||400 – 800||800 – 1600||1200 – 2400|
|5 km||800 – 1600||1600 – 3200||2400 – 4800|
|10 km||1600 – 3200||3200 – 6400||4800 – 9600|
Honestly speaking, we were never big fans of the 7 km eggs, and this event makes us even more reluctant. They have a poor hatch pool (given you have collected everything that can hatch from them), they give the same amount of Stardust as 5 km eggs and they are a complete annoyance once they pile up. Using Super Incubators to get rid of them is not mandatory, but it sure does help a lot. We’ll talk more about this issue later on tho.
Cyndaquil community day catch bonuses
As mentioned before, Niantic has confirmed that during Cyndaquil community day will feature a quadruple catch Stardust reward. The 4x amount of Stardust comes from overlaying two separate events during the same time window:
- Cyndaquil Community Day bonuses include 2x catch Stardust for three hours
- Stardust Blast bonuses include 2x catch Stardust until November 13 2018
As a result, during the three hours of Community day event, your catches will reward insane amounts of Stardust:
|Evolution stage||Cyndaquil day||Cyndaquil day + weather|
|Base||400 (600 ⭐)||500 (750 ⭐)|
|Evolved||1200 (1800 ⭐)||1500 (2250 ⭐)|
|Final evolved||2000 (3000 ⭐)||2500 (3750 ⭐)|
As you can see above, the sheer amount of Stardust you can farm is simply… staggering, especially during the upcoming Community day event. How do we get the most of it? Well, it’s rather simple when you think about it.
- Avoid hatching 7 km eggs during the event – they reward the same amount of dust as 5 km eggs, while being harder to hatch. Avoid obtaining them by opening gifts only with a full egg tab.
- Do spend Super Incubators and Star Piece on 10 km eggs
- Do hatch 5 and 10 km eggs eggs with a Star Piece, otherwise save it for Community Day (4 catches on CD will reward roughly the same amount as a 2 km egg hatch)
- Stock up on Star Pieces in preparation for the Community Day – the Cyndaquil community day is the ultimate farming scenario and you want to maximize the gains.
- Catch everything during the event and especially during the Community Day
- Using a Gotcha or a Go Plus is highly recommended, although we see this as a top end optimization strategy. Use it if you have it, or if you can borrow it from someone who’s going to skip the event.