In the eve of PokeVision not working any more, a new version of Pokemon GO has been released. The complete change log is here, but we must express our disbelief with the amount of “news” in this update – one could say more was taken out than put in.
Pokemon GO 0.31.0 Changelog
Trainers, Pokémon GO has been updated to version 0.31.0:
- Avatars can now be re-customized from the Trainer profile screen
- Adjusted battle move damage values for some Pokémon
- Refined certain Gym animations
- Improved memory issues
- Removed footprints of nearby Pokémon
- Modified battle damage calculation
- Various bug fixes during wild Pokémon encounter
- Updated Pokémon details screen
- Updated achievement medal images
- Fixed issues with displaying certain map features
- Minor text fixes
Fans all over the internet are infuriated with the removal of footsteps, especially given the fact that there is no PokeVision anymore to help out tracking Pokemon. We are also disgrunted with the change, especially as this version still hasn’t introduced any new content – a topic we’ve covered today in depth.